Bridging Work Permit
If you are inside Canada, and have applied for permanent residence, you may be eligible to apply of a Bridging Work Permit in case your current work permit expires.
To be considered for this Bridging Work Permit, you must be applied for permanent Residence in one of the following category:
- Federal skilled worker class
- Federal skilled trade class
- Canadian experience class
- Provincial nominee class
- Agri Food pilot
You also have to meet the following criteria
- Be currently residing in Canada
- have a valid work permit
- be the principal applicant on a PR application
- Must have been approved in principal on the application for permanent residence.
- Must provide evidence that they have received a provincial nomination with not employer restrictions.